Compliance and Safety Training, Credentialing
Aseptic Technique and OR Protocol
Audience: Radiologic Technologists and Vendor Representatives
The aim of this course is to educate healthcare professionals on aseptic technique and OR protocol.
Upon completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
* Delineate the roles of various regulatory agencies related to the provision of surgical services
* Identify major risk issues related to the provision of surgical services
* Describe the role of the vendor representative when an emergency occurs in the surgical suite
* Discuss the purpose and process of vendor credentialing
* Describe and demonstrate the essential components of practicing aseptic technique
* Discuss purpose and major components of the Universal Protocol, including role of the vendor representative
* Identify the levels of authority for decision making in a surgical suite
* Define the role/responsibility of the vendor representative related to the specific product/equipment he/she brings into the suite
About the author:
Philips Healthcare is a global leader in diagnostic imaging systems, healthcare information technology solutions, and patient monitoring and cardiac devices. Philips also provides customer services such as financing, consultancy, maintenance and repair.